Friday, July 2, 2010

Tough Love versus Smacking what’s your call?

Tough Love vs. Smacking

Good Argument

-

Most people think it improper to smack children, so I have tried other methods to control my children when they have one of 'those moments.'

.

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.

Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

.

Either way, my children usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too..

.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

--

This works with grandchildren, nieces, and nephews as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment